So I can’t possibly cover everything in the season…that’s just crazy talk. However, I usually do end up watching a lot of other shows (which is totally normal, right?), so let’s check up on how they’re all doing. It’ll take too much time to review all of them, so I’ll just go over them briefly.
- Muv-Luv Alternative – Didn’t get too far with this one. I got to episode three and basically gave up. I may go back to it another time, but it’s not very high on my priorities. From what I saw, it wasn’t bad in terms of mecha battles…mass genocide was a nice touch too. It just wasn’t enough for me to commit to it with the other stuff I was watching.
- Yuru Yuri S2 – What can I say? More of the same stuff. Which isn’t exactly a complaint. It’s why we watch this, right? They tried to give Akari the spotlight a bunch, which may have turned out a bit excessively, but all in all, I liked probably as much as I liked the first season.
- Binbou-gami ga – I tried to cover this one, but just eventually ran out of things to say. It’s actually pretty entertaining…just hard to cover. There’s a lot of really blatant references everywhere (like a Death Note one that went a lot longer than I was expecting). I wasn’t a huge fan of the idea of “Fortune Energy” or basically liquid luck. I felt like they didn’t really get their idea across because you could always argue that Ichiko caused all of the problems that she solved with her Fortune. Still, I may give the manga a shot if time permits.
- Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru – I swear this show was trying to troll everyone. Every arc was “oh this girl’s my sister…oh wait, no she isn’t, but I’m going to solve her problems anyway.” Eventually, they just ran out of people that it could be. They tried to throw a twist in the end, but I feel like it shouldn’t have had anyone fooled.
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate – Drama, elections, chocolate…stuff like that. I wonder if maybe they tried to do too much with the elaborate espionage operation within the school. It had its moments, but not all that strong. Romantically, the ending felt like a bit of a stretch to me…I was kinda hoping for something else, but oh well.
- Hagure Yuusha no Estetica – I totally thought this was going to be some RPG-esque story when I first saw it. Then I watched it…then I immediately stopped watching. And at someone else’s request, I continued watching. Then I was committed, so I kept watching. Sigh…
- Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon S2 – It’s amazing they said. You already watched the first season they said. Because I totally needed to see a season with Toori naked about 80% of the time. Oh well…at least Tenzo got his moment.
- Oda Nobuna no Yabou – Okay…this one was actually pretty cool. I delayed watching it for so long (probably due to emotional scarring from Sengoku Collection). But now I’m watching and I have no problems…although I’m only on episode 6. Still, I’d say go for this over Sengoku Collection if you want Sengoku era heroes as girls (I have a friend who is obsessed with the Sengoku era…that’s why I say this).
So yeah…that’s what I’ve been doing. For anyone reading that feels left out when I cover the other shows, now’s your chance to speak up.