One of these days, I’ll stop being so lazy and come up with a better way to do this post, but NOT TODAY! As always, the summary will be at the bottom for a TL;DR version, but I like to think that everyone who reads these posts reads the whole thing…helps me sleep at night.
- Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows – This one is already out, and it’s actually pretty good. It’s only four episodes, each 7-minutes long, so it’s a very small time investment for a decent and simple story.
- God Eater – Yeah, yeah…I’ll get a post for the final episode of this out at some point. Stop reminding me!
- Mayoiga – Out of the block of shows that air on April 1, this is probably the one I’ll pick (or maybe I’m just playing a cruel April Fools’ Day joke). I’m usually a sucker for the utopia/dystopia concept, so that’s enough to get me curious (though I’m not sure if the utopia aspect even plays a role in the story other than luring the kids to the village).
- Uchuu Patrol Luluco – If this is a short series, I might watch it. If not, I’m not entirely sure…doesn’t sound too alluring just from this description.
- <bunch of sequels to series I haven’t watched, so I will not be watching the sequels>: Ushio to Tora Second Season, Kagewani: Shou, Jojo Season…something, Terra Formars Revenge
- Gyakuten Saiban – I never got into the Phoenix Wright series, so I don’t have an immediate interest in this series. Put this one down as a maybe just because it’s a popular game series and I’m not against watching it if it’s a decent series of mysteries.
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Second Season – Nope
- Endride – As long as I’m not being dragged into another BL-heavy series >.>
- Ragnastrike Angels – Oi, if I didn’t watch Busou Shinki, which was about small combat girls, what makes you think I’m going to watch a series about enlarged combat girls?
- Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 – Oh yeah…I still haven’t finished the Gundam Unicorn movies…one of these days.
- Boku no Hero Academia – I might end up covering this as the popular series of the season, but I remember dropping the manga for this because I didn’t find it too interesting…
- Macross Delta and Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou both fall into the category of sequels for which I haven’t seen the first season.
- Kuma Miko – What is with people and bears? I’ve just never been into bears…
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu – I feel like I’ve seen this scenario before somewhere…
- 12-sai – Sounds like a short anime…if so, I’m fine with watching it.
- Pan de Peace – Please no…seriously, are they just going to talk about bread?
- Bakuon – Do motorcycles count as cars? Doesn’t look too interesting…
- Seisen Cerberus: Ryouukoku no Fatalite – Sounds like a typical “boy sets out to defeat the demon lord” story…not sure what I’m supposed to be getting here.
- Hundred – Pass
- Joker Game – I’ll probably watch this out of curiosity, but I don’t know if I’ll cover it (I’m guessing it will be like Young Black Jack and no one else will be watching).
- Sousei no Onmyouji – I’m reading the manga for this and it’s alright so far. I don’t usually like to cover adaptations of manga I’ve already read, but I might based on how many other shows I’m watching.
- Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game Girls – …what? Just…no…
- Onigiri – *facepalm*
- Bungou Stray Dogs – How many times has this series been on these charts? This is the third time, right? Well, if it actually comes out this time, I’ll watch it >.>
- Kuromukuro – Mecha? Sure, why not?
- Unhappy – You know what’s a great idea? Getting a bunch of people with bad luck together! Surely, their bad luck will only cancel each other out…
- Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta – Also pass. I read like the first five chapters of the manga and I really want nothing to do with it…
- Koutetsujou no Kabaneri – I feel like I’ve seen this series compared to Shingeki no Kyojin (perhaps it was just a comparison of the technology they use). If so, I’m interested enough to watch it.
- Shounen Maid – IT’S A TRAP!
- Sakamoto desu ga? – I’ve read like a chapter of the manga for this series and I know it’s hugely popular. I’ll probably watch it just so I can read the comments of salty people online who say the manga is so much better…
- Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge – Another possible short anime?
- Kiznaiver – Ehh…what could go wrong? The premise reminds me of a Netflix series called Sense8, which I never got around to watching. Anyone else get that sense?
- Hai-Furi – Nope
- Flying Witch – Another series where I’ve read the manga. It started out okay, but just got boring…nothing really happens.
- Big Order – I’ve had the manga sitting around in my queue for a while, but never got around to reading it. Might watch this just to see what the fuss is about…
General thoughts – Nothing really jumps out at me for this season. Most of the series I have listed as potentials are complete unknowns. It feels like there will be more potentials in this season than last season, so I’m going to be optimistic.
Probably covered – Mayoiga, Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
Very likely to watch and might be covered – Gyakuten Saiban, Joker Game, Sousei no Onmyouji, Bungou Stray Dogs, Kuromukuro, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, Kiznaiver, Big Order
Might be watched, but probably won’t be covered – Boku no Hero Academia, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Sakamoto desu ga