If you saw this on Ace Railgun’s Blog, you might know what this is. I thought it was cool, so I figured I’d answer the questions myself (with his blessing, of course). Basically, the first half is about anime stuff and the second half is more personal. Hope you enjoy it!
Questions about anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Lelouch vi Britannia. I know…it’s quite a surprise. I don’t think anyone was expecting that.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Probably Victorique de Blois from Gosick. She’s cute and smart. I love detective shows too much…
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
Probably Guilty Crown, despite what I say about the show. One of the few soundtracks where I can actually just play the soundtrack over and over again on loop.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
It’s tough to be fair with a question like this. A lot of the time, what I’m watching tends to gain more favor despite my best efforts. Still, currently my favorite would be Endless Story by Yukari Tamura from C Cube. Cute girls in the background and a song that isn’t very overbearing, but has a good rhythm. It also has a bit of an oriental feel to it that I think is cool.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
Similar to the last question, my answer to this could change depending on when you ask me. Still, right now it’s I’m Alive by Becca from Black Butler. Chibi characters going about their lives with a pretty cool rock song to accompany it.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Zero Requiem…moving on.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Probably either Lelouch or Light Yagami. I’m not picky…either will do. Get to work on that!
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
I’d love to say Lelouch, but I’ve got no skill with the ladies and I have no plans to destroy my country or rule the world. I don’t know if you could really pin me to any real character, but maybe Itsuki Koizumi from Haruhi…the carefree and polite behavior seem like me.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
Mostly the stories, but the music is always cool too.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Excessive fanservice. Don’t get me wrong…I think that there is a time and a place for fanservice. But there are limits.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Tachibana Kanade and Otonashi Yuzuru from Angel Beats.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
#2 from Mawaru Penguindrum. Keeping the world safe, one cockroach at a time.
13. What anime would make a good game?
Not really sure, but I think I mentioned once that Ao no Exorcist was pretty much set up to be a game. Kinda like Harry Potter was.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Persona 3 probably. Most of the games I play aren’t really suited for anime for so many reasons.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
I’m not sure which one hit me in my childhood first, but I’m guessing it was Dragonball Z. The anime that really got me going was Death Note, though, when I was in high school.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I wouldn’t think so, but I can never be sure.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Probably psychological anime. That stuff’s crazy!
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
I don’t watch magical girl >.>
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
I’ll openly admit it if someone asks. That being said, I won’t go into a job interview and say “I watch anime all the time. I hope that’s not a problem.”
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Technically, I’ve stayed in Japan for a night on the way to China, but we didn’t really see anything other than the inside of our hotel room. There has been talk of possibly stopping for a week or so in Japan the next time I go to visit my relatives in China, though.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Ouma Shu…err, Guilty Crown.
22. What anime was better then expected?
Gundam SEED. It seemed pretty childish in the start (it still kinda is), but I thought it ended up being alright.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
I dunno if this counts, but that final war scene from the Gundam 00 movie. Lasers firing everywhere and mecha flying around. It was chaos, but it all looked amazing.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I don’t really have one…despite a particular someone’s best efforts.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
I was a big fan of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Questions about me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
I lost to like a 10 year old once in a chess tournament (he was actually higher ranked than I was). I get way too nervous in tournaments and I threw away a winning position.
Edit: After rethinking this, I realized there was another thing. When I was graduating high school, a local newspaper posted that I was a girl in an article.
27. Can you drive?
Yup…I borrow my roommate’s car every now and then.
28. Do you own a car?
No…my roommate does, though.
28. Are you mature?
I sure hope so.
29. What year were you born?
1991. I’m like a month away from 21.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
I’ve always had a preference for dogs. My family wasn’t really big on pets, though.
31. Describe yourself physically.
I dunno…I look like a typical Asian, but I’m like 6 feet tall.
32. What would you name your first child?
I got nothing…I’ve never thought about it. I don’t even know if I wanna give my first child a Chinese name yet.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
When I was in 4th grade, I fell out of a treehouse and broke my left arm.
34. What is your worse habit?
I procrastinate…pretty much all the time.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I’ll drink some in certain situations (this happens like once every 3-4 months), but I’ve never gotten drunk. I don’t smoke at all, though.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
Nope…haven’t even considered it at all.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
More a morning person. The minute I wake up, regardless of how much sleep I got, I can remain energetic and active.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
I don’t think I’ve ever slept past 9 am. And I’ve been through a 12 hour time zone difference before. It makes no sense.
39. Do you regret anything?
Not really. There’s always the possibility that my life could be even worse down another route, and I’m still alive and healthy, so no real complaints here.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Just barely no.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yup. I wore contacts a bit in high school, but I got too lazy to put them on when I got to college.
42. Are you a picky eater?
A bit. I don’t really like seafood too much, but I’ll eat it. If you’ve had the stuff put in front of you that I’ve seen, you’d be a little hesitant too (local Chinese delicacies…there’s even one called “stinky tofu”).
43. Would you die for someone?
Given my personality, I doubt I’d hesitate to die to save my family, but probably not much more than that.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Pretty sure most superpowers could be invalidated by the ability to stop time…I could be wrong, though.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Nope. I think everything has an explanation and I will go to great lengths to find that explanation because I love figuring things out.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Well, if the two are exclusive, I’d prefer to have money and have few friends than have everyone know who I am and a middle class salary. Fame always comes with infamy…I don’t need that.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Nope. At least, I sure hope not.
Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveler or ghost?
Ninjas to the original question. Time traveler clearly beats ghost as well.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I doubt it, but you can never be sure with these things. Stop being so cryptic, women!!
50. Are you in a relationship?
Negative. I’m not great at asking girls out.